Hello ladies and welcome to another edition of HELP For Mums!
I am really excited to feature another amazing mum and personal friend, who has been a big inspiration to me.
Doyin Omotara is a wife, a mother to two very handsome boys, and the creator and founder of Adionaa Image Consulting. Not only is she an amazing make-up artist, she also has her own Make-up and Skincare lines!
Though I have known Doyin for less than a year, she has become like a sister to me. I admire her courage and dedication to pursing her dreams and have learned so much about resilience from her. In less than a year after moving to new country Doyin has been able to establish herself as a prominent voice in the beauty scene and launch her own product line!
Today she shares about the importance of self-care and having a daily beauty routine.
As women, we often invest time in so many things except ourselves which makes us quick to break down and often times feel unfulfilled with life. I believe that everyone has the right to look and feel their absolute best every day. Looking good isn’t a luxury, it’s something everyone can achieve regardless of age, size, budget or lifestyle.
We need to create some time to take care and pamper ourselves. I’ve found this to be the greatest therapy to loving ourselves and feeling confident to face all the tasks ahead of us.
As a mother of two boys (I call them my 2 nations) aged 3 and 6. I’m usually the first to wake up and after saying my prayers, I deliberately spend 20 minutes taking care of myself before I wake my family up to start our morning routine.
I take my bath, do my daily skincare routine of cleanse, tone and moisturize, wear a nice perfume, then I dab a little concealer under my eyes for a fresh and youthful look after which I wear a lipstick that works with whatever outfit I have picked for the day. This doesn’t have to be a daunting task; it is part of my everyday routine that makes me feel like a champion all day!
Having confidence in your appearance not only has a positive effect on your self-esteem but can also affect your daily life and the type of goals you set for yourself; be it career related, health related, or simply social.
Looking after, yourself doesn’t have to be expensive, it is all about finding out what is special about you and deliberately making an effort to highlight it. Psychologists have associated good appearance to competency at the work place and sustenance of relationship in marriage,’ women who take care of their physical appearance have better rapport with their partner’.
Every woman should have a beauty regime and it should be ongoing and habitual. You do not always need to consult a professional, most treatments can be easily done at home once you know how.
Below are 8 simple tips to care for yourself every day;
1. Dress for your body type and proportions. You can have a one-off consultation with an image consultant if you are struggling to know what suits your body type or what colors flatter you.
2. Take good care of your skin – Cleanse, tone & moisturize your skin at least twice a day using products that suit your skin type.
3. Wear makeup to enhance your natural beauty. A concealer under your eyes will make you look sharp and awake for the day and a lipstick or gloss will brighten your entire face.
4. Take good care of your hands and feet. Hands generally show signs of ageing faster than the face so invest in some manicure & pedicure products. A flash of nail color is also good for lifting your spirit.
5. Understand your hair and how to style it to enhance your face. A woman’s hair is her crowning glory
6. Eat healthily and drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day, this keeps your skin hydrated and looking fresh
7. Exercise daily to keep fit. A 30 minute walk round your neighborhood once a day is good enough
8. Finally, a winning smile is one of the most attractive assets a woman can have. Give someone that smile today and unmask your beauty!